Top 19 SEO Tips To Drive More Traffic
You may be quite busy and cannot devote enough time to your website or blog, let alone for optimization. In such situations, you tend to ignore your website and miss on the opportunity to earn big money. If you think that you need to bounce back and focus on tasks at hand—optimising your blog or website for SEO success.
Even if you decide to bounce back and start all over again, you cannot always stick with the old SEO strategy that you have or had in place, and that you would desire to have a new SEO strategy that looks more relevant to current trends and is quite actionable.
Sine qua non, the new SEO strategy that you are looking for is ready to be rolled out. As you know that some SEO tactics are a little complex and demand ample time to process in your mind so that you can apply these strategies effectively to optimize your blog or website.
Whether you are a small/big business or an individual blogger, you certainly need some actionable SEO tips to skyrocket your website’s traffic and increase the conversion rate, who doesn’t want that?
SEO Tips To Use
1. Never use the hashtag (#) in URLs. Search engines don’t support index URLs that have # listed.
2. Always ensure to use Google Search Console’s features such as Fetch and Render tool to examine how Google’s mobile search engines search pages of your websites for mobile vs desktop.
3. Ensure not to use AJAX-Crawling in your website. If you have other sites that are using AJAX-Crawling, please migrate these sites as soon as you can. Alos, don’t forget to remove “meta fragment.”
4. Don’t use paid services to earn backlinks. Google’s webmaster doesn’t allow this.
5. In the earlier days, you were able to add only 50,000 URLs each sitemap. However, you can use the compressed version that will have 50 MB data storage ability.
6. Small businesses can consider using emojis in their content as it attracts huge traffic.
7. You all must have heard people say that content is the kind, we have the queen and spawn to claim their thrones. Our new queen is backlinks, and our spawn is videos. Have a concrete video strategy in place soon, if you don’t have one already.
8. While you conduct keyword research, ensure that you also include queries related to voice search. Voice is likely to become one major driving force in near future.
9. While we all know that Penguin is real, don’t ever forget to screen your backlinks in Google Search Console. Here is how you can do that ( Go to Search Traffic>Links to Your Site. Once you are here, ensure to disavow them once in a while. I will suggest you do it once a month).
10. Since this is a mobile-friendly world, traffic from mobile users is likely to go up; therefore, it is essential to launch Google AMP.
11. Have you heard about the white hack? Great. Ensure that you always keep link building strategy white hack.
12. I always believed that unlinked citations don’t attract visitors, but my opinion changed ever since I read Gary Illyes.
13. Don’t mass build links on directories. Instead, you can consider using directories that are regarded for the quality such as Yellow Pages, Yelp, Google+, and so on.
14. Don’t ever use widget links to build links. If you use these widgets, only use them to establish your brand and nothing else.
16. Migrate from HTTP to HTTPS, if you haven’t done already. And when you do that, you shouldn’t make any other change to your website structure. If you change anything, Google will find it difficult to decipher things.
17. Ensure that your site speed is high. Keep it minimum to 3 seconds. There are quite a few tools that help you test your website’s speed.
18. In case you are going to advertise on twitter, make sure that you swap out your existing URL when you create a Twitter card.
19. Invest in a social network like Facebook. Everlane is an excellent example of a brand doing this well.
Read more: Link Building Guide